BELTS AND HOSES
Cam belts (also known as timing belts) control the timing of your vehicle’s engine, while the fan belt transmits power from the front of the engine to parts such as the air conditioning or fans. Hoses carry coolant to and from the engine, radiator, and heater.
Signs that a belt or hose might need replacing include:
- Warning light on the dashboard
- Smell of burnt rubber
- Squeaking noise from under the bonnet
- Engine overheating
- Air conditioning system failure
Prevention is better than cure – if a cam belt snaps, it can cause major engine damage, so we recommend changing it as specified by the manufacturer.
Filters clean dirt and particles from the oil to prevent them from causing any damage, and should be replaced at every oil change.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Motor Clinic offers a one-stop-shop for anyone with a vehicle need; from recovery when the unthinkable happens, to provision of a hire car or van while we get you back on the road, and fixing any dents, scratches or mechanical issues along the way.
- We offer convenient and affordable auto repair, maintenance and hire.
- Our fully-qualified staff are experienced in the repair of all makes and models.
- We use advanced diagnostic software and vehicle repair technology.
- Excellence is our standard.