DVSA-APPROVED TESTING CENTER
The Motor Clinic is a DVSA-approved MOT test centre, and offers MOTs while you wait. Our comfortable waiting area is equipped with a hot drinks’ machine, so you can relax with a brew while we carry out the test.
Did you know..? We offer a FREE reminder service for MOTs, via email or text, prior to your renewal date – just let us know if you would like to take advantage of this free service
- If your vehicle is 3 or more years old, it is a legal requirement in the UK to have an annual safety check, also known as the MOT.
- It’s the responsibility of the vehicle owner to ensure that the MOT certificate is up to date.
- Without a current MOT certificate, you are unable to drive your vehicle legally or renew your road fund license.
- The MOT testing system is computerised, which means that police and mobile camera units can now check remotely to see if your vehicle has a current MOT.
- You can be fined up to £1000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT.
- You must use an approved MOT test centre to get your MOT – look for the blue sign with 3 white triangles.
Will my spare tyre be checked during the MOT?
No, but the MOT examiner may comment on it if they think it may cause an issue if used.
Why did my car fail the MOT because the screen wash needed topping up?
Because the MOT examiner must be able to assess the system’s effectiveness, which isn’t possible without the correct amount of washer fluid.